[insert disclaimer regarding lack of updates and backlog of posts]
- 1 c whole wheat pasta of your choice (used rigatoni this time)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/3 c)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped (about 1.5 T)
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 6.5 can minced clams, drained (reserve some juice if you like)
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 T parsley, chopped
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in sit till al dente. Drain pasta and reserve.
Meanwhile, put olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook till translucent, 3-5 minutes.
Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook till garlic begins to turn gold, 2-5 minutes.
Add clams and stir well. Add tomatoes and some of the clam or tomato juice, whichever suits you. Turn heat to medium-high and cook till tomatoes begin to break down and become saucy, 10-15 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasoning. When done, mix pasta into sauce. Serve garnished with parsley.