- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 c onion,minced (1/2 onion)
- 1 T garlic, minced (about 3 cloves)
- 1/8-1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 T minced oregano, plus 1-2T blossoms (or just more leaves)
Add garlic and red pepper flakes; saute till fragrant (1-2 min).
Add tomatoes and liquid from can; bring to a healthy simmer and cook till the mixture reaches desired, saucy consistency (anywhere from 10-25 minutes, depending on your tastes - I tend to like some body left in the tomatoes). Add salt and pepper.
Add herbs, then cook a minute or two more. Serve over pasta with additional herbs for garnish and some oil/pasta water if needed for extra body.